Auld Lang Syne




Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And never brought to mind? 
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And auld lang syne

Watched the movie New Year's Eve and that song stuck when Lea Michele sang it in the movie.

As I was cleaning the house yesterday afternoon I went over the past year like I always do during the new year. I lost two of my dear aunts in the first two months of the year, my eldest graduated high school in March. She went to college a few months after. My mom fell down and had concussion that scared us all and my dad was hospitalized for 2 days and I stayed with him. So many things happening in between. We also decided to buy a new property near work as traffic in Manila was getting from worst to ridiculously hateful. I was also given another team to handle and a big undertaking at work to pull together. Phew! 

On the family-side of things, I make an effort to spend as much of my free time with the family as I can. Losing my dear aunts earlier last year made me realize that spending time with my parents and making them feel loved is one of my top priorities...life is indeed too short. Reflecting on the year that was, aside from the sad beginning of the year it was overall not very bad, it was a year that I felt I worked the hardest but felt good about it. It was also a year that my husband and I made serious decisions about our future. We made several decisions on how we want to go forward with the family and how we wanted the future to look like. I think it was a year that I felt grown-up the most LOL!

I stopped making new year's resolution long ago. I set goals now instead and I try my best to achieve each one. As one gets older I guess we learn to pick out which battles we want to tackle, which ones we can miss out on and still survive.  

As for me, I cherish each day as much as I could. I begin the day whispering to God how thankful I am for a new day He gave me to start over, I scoot over to cuddle and get my morning dose of hugs and kisses from the love of my life - this is  a requirement before I head off to cook breakfast. I also make a pitstop to the girls' room to kiss their sleepyheads and say "I love you". And just like that I have energy to face another day of my life.

Like all new years that passed I look forward to what life has in store for me and my family. I believe, like the child I was before, that good and happier times are yet to come. 

From my family to yours, cheers to a New Year my dear friends! 

Comments

Popular Posts